Unused Sealine 350h for a steal

Started by jigmaster501, April 15, 2019, 01:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Picked up an unused 350h for 40 dollars. Minor scratch on the ring. (1/16th inch)

Inside was brand new with very little grease, must have been a floor model in tackle shop.

Cleaned it up, oiled it up and put new drag washers (HT 100s).

Unreal.....

I wish we could get enough people for Tom to make a narrow 50h.

These reels are incredible.

Eugene

Darin Crofton

Great score, Eugene, love all my Daiwa Sealines!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

I have several SL's, they are really overbuilt in the price range. your whole billet reel is half the cost of a Tib frame.

Porthos

As of 4/15/2019 on the big auction site, there is a complete 300H for $41 if no one bids against you for it. The 300H is 0.5 inch narrower than the 350H but you may know this already...

...or, you can score a 300H frame and a spool (from two separate sellers) for less than $40; both have the "...or Best Offer" enabled so how much below $40 is up to your "negotiation" skills.

If you want to swap in a 4.2:1 gear set, there's also a Daiwa 50H going for $17 if no one bids against you for it.That's a decent price for a gear set if Daiwa no longer stock the 50H gear set separately.

Ruffy

Agreed, the 50H gears in a 300H makes an awesome reel. I'm also a huge fan of the SMF170H and 30SH. Both reels are essentially 30H's with oversized 5:1 gears, one is magged (SMF) and the other not, same sized drag stack as the 50H/300H.

At the end of the day, great reels that can be had at a great price!