Spring 2019 Crappies

Started by mo65, April 15, 2019, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

My brother and I got out on the lake for some crappie action this past weekend. They were chewing pretty good. He made a short video of the action, and he discusses the jigs we use to catch these critters. You'll see those beloved Penn 720 and 722 getting it done. Enjoy! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGufNOTZZk&fbclid=IwAR0Vd7tIS14gt-cZuCKmpwd-T-P5jZrC5tsrzfx9Lxa1v9VbupFQ3piycBg
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Great job mo,,,, :D looks like a blast,,,,,, ;D

foakes

Thanks, Mike —

Great day of Catch & Release.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

great music Mo and fantastic fishing
The Baja Guy

festus

Great video and fishing.  The 1/16 oz or 1/8 oz Roadrunner tipped with a John Deere Green Kalin's twistertail in 1-1/2" or 2" is my favorite crappie lure.

Tiddlerbasher

That looked like great fun Mo :)

Midway Tommy

Clean livin'!   :) It pays off every time!   8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

Dominick

Mo, that made me feel like I was there.  Great job on the fish and video.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Mo,
I loved catching Crappie as a youngster.
When I was Stationed in San Diego, My Uncle and I caught the Californian Version that were 2 or 3 pounds and we ate like kings.
I can't remember the lake, Maybe Mirimar. There was a house that was flooded under the water and you could see the Chimney on the Depth Finder.
We cleaned up on them with minnows for bait.
Thank You for the Video.
Good Times. ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Enjoyable video Mo! your brother did a good introduction of the gear, just like a pro.
Clean livin is key!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Swami805

Nice video, Thanks. Is it clean living or the hat?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

Looks like a great trip....makes me hungry for some crappie fillets, and morel mushrooms....and maybe some fresh asparagus, on the side !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !