Shimano ocea jigger drag noise

Started by JonPHangler, April 18, 2019, 07:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonPHangler

Hi! I need help with my new reel.I just bought a ocea jigger 2017 1501hg i tried putting braided line and i noticed right away that when i pull the line to try the drag it makes clicking noise. Same when i press the spool and try to rotate the handle it makes the clicking noise and it vibrate alot. The vibration feels like there is something wrong with the gears. I have the black torium and it doesn't make these noise and vibration when i try to pull the the line or rotationg the handle while pressing the spool prevebting it to rotate. And also the clicker switch on the palm side is off. Is this really the design? or i just got a reel with a factory defect? Thanks and sorry for my grammar

redsetta

Hi and welcome aboard Jon.
I understand some of the Oceas have a drag click pin or detente set up, which clicks as the drag actuates - parts 46, 47 and 48 on the schematics that have 'em...
You can see it in this example: https://images.app.goo.gl/EoYuYbrqFXQwVCyJ9
Hope that helps.
Any queries, let us know.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Wolli

Take care not to loose the small parts
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

redsetta

Great stuff - thanks for posting that Wolli.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Oh yeah. I remember now.  I think I removed that clicker thingy and replaced it with full carbon fiber and metal drag washers.  I cannot remember from what reel though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

boon

Quote from: JonPHangler on April 18, 2019, 07:19:53 AM
Hi! I need help with my new reel.I just bought a ocea jigger 2017 1501hg i tried putting braided line and i noticed right away that when i pull the line to try the drag it makes clicking noise. Same when i press the spool and try to rotate the handle it makes the clicking noise and it vibrate alot. The vibration feels like there is something wrong with the gears. I have the black torium and it doesn't make these noise and vibration when i try to pull the the line or rotationg the handle while pressing the spool prevebting it to rotate. And also the clicker switch on the palm side is off. Is this really the design? or i just got a reel with a factory defect? Thanks and sorry for my grammar

As everyone has already mentioned, they are supposed to click when drag is taken. Also the "clicker switch" usually isn't one on these reels, it's a spool lock used to help you break the line off if you get a jig snagged. If you set a line out with the "clicker" set you're going to have a bad time if a fish takes it.