Yukon 46" workbench

Started by Alto Mare, April 19, 2019, 05:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Thank you guys, I now enjoy walking in. I was surprised to see how much room I have, my wife might not like it... more sq ft than her loundry room.
Reminds me of war of the roses 🙂... just watched that movie the other day😁

Quote from: mhc on January 15, 2020, 07:54:48 AM
Looking good Sal, the lathe work area has plenty of light, there's heaps of storage space in the library card cabinets, drill press, belt sander, press, .............. and two chairs! - I'm on my way.

Mike
Mike, it would make my day having you here, I can only wish.
I'll give you the good chair 🙂

Cheers,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Looking good, Sal! It was like being in Santa's workshop BEFORE you got the lathe!

El Pescador

Sal!

If you enjoyed War of the Roses,

Check out the 1986 Classic - The Money Pit with Tom Hanks!!!!

Given your years of construction schedules and workload - you will laugh your hard hat off!!!!!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091541/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Your work area looks very organized - something where my Dad was a real PRO - German's and Organizing!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

Good looking hobby room there Sal.  :) You deserve it and you are getting it set up the way you need or can within your restrictions.
   as you may have already don it?,  maybe a rim or toekick around the lathe would make it easier to clean or find things.  Your organization and  kindness are an inspiration to me.   Its a reminder and your a good one.   Enjoy your time using your hands and tools,  its good for the mind.
   Best of health,  enjoy your indoor time, and have a great new year.

Newell Nut

Looking good buddy. Floor space is a premium. Before I can do much with my tools I have back the S10 out of my shop.

Dwight

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!

Yes I love it, I can find what I need all the times and there is lots of floor space.
I do put everything back daily, I believe it's the only way to keep it under control.

On some of my jobs when I called for inspection, the indosctor walked in and went right back out.
I asked if there was a problem, he said he saw the way i layout my tools and material, he didn't heed to see anything else 🙂

Wayno, I did see that movie, another good one.
Have a great evening my friends.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

Salvatore - you just cost me lotsa £s ;D
I was looking to improve my hobby room when I saw your new cabinet/bench - Ooo thought I that would work for me. Off to my favourite engineering firm and this is what I found:

6ft long stainless steel, 15 drawers (from shallow to deep), solid hardwood top and the whole thing can be moved (if necessary). Even my wife thinks its looks cool (unexpected bonus ;D).
All I've got do is find a home for everything else :D

mhc

Looks good Chris, I'm a bit envious of both your bench and Sal's.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Chris, that looks very nice. Wow 6' wide and stainless with a hardwood top, doesn't get any better than that.
It just makes it so much easier to keep thing organized.
Took me a few years to make my helper understand.
I made him put everything back in it's box every night before leaving the job site.
He always argued : what for?  tomorrow I will need to take everything out again.
After struggling to find what I asked for a few times, he now agrees that it is the only way to go.

10-15 minutes is a small price to pay to have the shop spotless and organized.

Very nice Chis!👍

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Cheers guys :) I wish I found something like that years ago it almost forces me to get things organised ;)