YES MO!  Beautiful!
I love mine!  Made a CF drag washer for it and it's so smooooooooth  ;D

Husband, Father, Fisherman

El Pescador

MOmeister!!!

Did anyone else see what I saw??? 

Do you do see it now????

Com'n MO!  As a Brother of the Shutter,

you have to tell us how you made this photo from what I can figure out from 7 other photos????

Man, you got my mind all twisted up this am.

And by the way, what do you call a photo of many other photos???  A collage?  Patchwork?  Scramble?    Hodgepodge???

Need to figure this one out!!!!

TANKS.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gfish

Yeah, it jumped out at me. 2 of certain parts. You did this on purpose Mo?

Love those Leopard sharks, Chad! A SF Bay staple.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

xjchad

Wayne,
I saw that too!  Cool way to post a bunch of pics all at once.  You're upping your game big time Mo!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Midway Tommy

Quote from: El Pescador on September 04, 2019, 03:03:06 PM
MOmeister!!!

Did anyone else see what I saw??? 

Do you do see it now????

you have to tell us how you made this photo from what I can figure out from 7 other photos????

And by the way, what do you call a photo of many other photos???  A collage?  Patchwork?  Scramble?    Hodgepodge???

TANKS.

Wayne

HA! :D  And here I thought I had a little too much hooch!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Ron Jones

HA! :D  And here I thought I had a little too much hooch!  ;D
[/quote]
Oh, don't worry. I'm certain that too much hooch was consumed. :)
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

Quote from: El Pescador on September 04, 2019, 03:03:06 PM

TANKS.

Wayne

Thanks for the compliments fellers! Yes...the photo is a "collage" straight from windows 10 photo gallery. No great talent on my part...just a little creativity. Actually, I've never had one come out as good as the very first one I did here, right from the first post of this thread.

Also, I forgot to mention the rotor on this reel is threaded to the pinion. Chad and I both battled that gremlin for a few minutes before enlightenment...HA! Left hand threads too...double jeopardy! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Silvers

Quote from: basto on April 23, 2019, 08:45:43 PM
I had a couple of Banax SX reels that were cheap to buy. The earlier ones were called Bando. They were made in Korea originally, but now in China.   I had a 3000, which my son has now and still have a 5000, both still going well after about 25 years. The early ones had wooden grips.
They have brass main and pinion gears, all alloy body and were very reminiscent of the early Daiwa Regal.
They have metal spools with felt drag washers.
Not a bad reel for the money.
Bando had an affiliation to Daiwa back in the day and I believe Bando produced the first Daiwa Black and Gold spinners and the early Daiwa 6hm bait caster.

Greg

Bando was new build of Daiwa-Seiko himself (before was it Tae Yang Industrial Co. Ltd. in Seoul), at a time where japanese manufaturing was to expensive and should go outside to countrys like Korea, Malaysia or Taiwan to produce cheaper.
Those company manufatured mainly the parts for the Daiwa SS-Series in the late 70s, the highend series of this time.
In the early 80s Bando became independent and their first own model was the Bando SX serie, which is an improved version of the first SS-series.
Same reel and quality, except the internal bail kick system now at the SX-series and different snapoff-handle.
The wood handle was handmade of teak, same like at original SS-series.
Few diffence at the gear, the original SS-series has holes at the drivegear, the SX doesnt.

A very nice series , with some care your great-grandsons could fish them.
In countrys like Turkey those reels are very popular und used.

One of the earlierst Bando SX and still in use. ;)

mo65

Ah yes...more B-Grade fun right here. This one is basically just a 308 with a graphite rotor, a brass spool shaft instead of steel, and a pot metal main instead of aluminum alloy. Even with the drive train cheapened it is still good at what it was designed for...ultralight fishing. Don't try to cross over to heavier work with this one though, it is not overbuilt.
 Opening her up, we see very few parts, something I'm very fond of. The less parts there are...the less chances of a part breaking. I see there is the same ball bearing used as in the earlier 308s and 408s. That rotor is threaded, so be careful breaking it loose.

The drag system was really crusty, lots of corrosion and rust.

I busted that asbestos washer cleaning it, so I subbed in a red fiber beauty from the forties. In these low power drag systems just about any material will work as long as it's clean and smooth.

OK Mitchell...what's the deal? You make a lightweight rotor and then stuff it full of a huge lead counterbalance weight. All the advantage of the plastic's lightness is trumped by that giant lead slab, and it ain't even all that balanced!

Here are the nuggets all cleaned and ready to get back to work.

This reel was loose enough that straight Penn Blue wasn't too stiff to use.

This reel is going to replace my 408 for bass/crappie fishing. The 408 is a much cleaner, more collectible reel. I'd rather shelve it and scratch up this 310...eBay is crawling with more if parts are needed.

I found a very light power handle knob for this reel. It doesn't upset the balance of the handle at all, but provides a lot better grip for my meat hooks. 8)

Midway Tommy

Mike,

You can sure see the Taiwanese influence in those late Mitchell Sports reels. The 310UL came at the very end of Mitchell Sports USA's ownership, 1989/90, when they moved manufacturing to Taiwan. In 1991 they were sold to Johnson Worldwide, i.e. Johnson Outdoors.   

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Crow

Good report, Mo....you are getting to be a "spin master" !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

festus

Good job, Mo.  I didn't realize the 310 was the same size as the 308/408.

festus

Two more Heddons coming this week, the 242 should arrive today.  Also got a mint 260-R with box and papers that should be here mid-week. 

I've lost count on numbers, this should run my total up to around 15 Heddons.  Still looking for one more smaller convertible Heddon with ball bearing and helical gears. I'm thinking the 234 would be a prospect.

Looking for ideas on more B-grades, maybe Daiwa, Zebco, South Bend, and Omori made Shakespeares. The better grade South Bends have been scarce on the big auction lately.

mo65

Quote from: festus on September 30, 2019, 03:24:27 PM
Looking for ideas on more B-grades, maybe Daiwa, Zebco, South Bend, and Omori made Shakespeares. The better grade South Bends have been scarce on the big auction lately.

I think those Omori made reels are a good bargain Chester. They seem to have made reels for everyone at some point. Either that or everyone was copying them! I scored this boxed SB 960 Classic a few days ago...paid top dollar too...it pains me to say that. 8)

Midway Tommy

Quote from: mo65 on September 30, 2019, 04:41:29 PM
I think those Omori made reels are a good bargain Chester. They seem to have made reels for everyone at some point. Either that or everyone was copying them! I scored this boxed SB 960 Classic a few days ago...paid top dollar too...it pains me to say that. 8)

;) I saw that one and went  :o........ ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE