Double dogged 114H (6/0)

Started by Petah, April 30, 2019, 06:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

Well, here's my latest double dogged bridgeplate, it's for a 114H 6/0
This time I custom made some dog springs like the ones used on the US113 bridgeplate.
Still using the 1/8" PEM stainless steel pins from McMaster-Carr for the dogs to spin on.
The dogs are cut from 304 S.S. .012" thick and are held on by e-clips. It's a drop-in and it sure sounds kinda neat!!!
It's almost infinite anti-reverse with Tom's S.S. gear sleeve and 10 tooth ratchet!!!

Peter

Darin Crofton

Great work, Peter, looks awesome! I need some of these in my life  ;D ;D ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

redsetta

Looks good Peter!
Thanks for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

mo65

Quote from: Petah on April 30, 2019, 06:08:52 AM
It's almost infinite anti-reverse with Tom's S.S. gear sleeve and 10 tooth ratchet!!!

I too love Tom's 10 tooth gear sleeves...I'm no fan of backplay in the handle.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

Love what you did for the return springs. The coiled and flat leaf springs can be a pain.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Nice one, have to give that a try.  Thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Nice work Peter, thanks for showing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Petah

So after posting I realized that the one picture didn't show enough. Here's a couple more that show what I did
a little better. I "stepped" the dogs to clearance the springs.
I put the reel back together, I put a .025 delrin washer under the ratchet gear, too much sleeve slop for me. There's a delrin
washer under the stock main gear which has Bryan's 7 stack drags with another delrin on top. Has a TIB open top frame, I hand cut and filed  a handle blade out of stainless steel and put an Accurate handle on it.

mhc

Very tidy work on the dogs Peter and the handle looks pretty neat as well - you have been giving the files a good work out by the look of it. Thanks for showing us how you did it.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Rothmar2

Quote from: mhc on May 01, 2019, 07:56:11 AM
Very tidy work on the dogs Peter and the handle looks pretty neat as well - you have been giving the files a good work out by the look of it. Thanks for showing us how you did it.

Mike

X2! Very nice design and execution.

Alto Mare

very nice job Peter! Thanks for sharing your skills.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Thanks for sharing your work peter ,  I like your work using the pins, and clip idea, hang on,  the testing is always worth waiting for.  Best of luck. ;)

Petah

Quote from: mhc on May 01, 2019, 07:56:11 AM

Mike
Hahahaha!!!! I had to buy a new file for this one!!!!
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!! All the examples I see on this forum have inspired me. Some mechanical skills, patience,
perseverance and a LOT of free time make stuff like this happen!!!! Even though I'm still using hand tools!!!

Peter

Petah

Sal,
      What do you think would be the best way to stress test these dogs???? I'm going to use this on a trolling rod
with 80# test.

Peter

Alto Mare

Quote from: Petah on May 02, 2019, 04:59:04 AM
Sal,
     What do you think would be the best way to stress test these dogs???? I'm going to use this on a trolling rod
with 80# test.

Peter
Hello Peter, I'm not really sure.
Do you happen to have a pick of the dog posts? if those have a shoulder and got sat in by the gear sleeve side and then peened at the back end, the reel would be more than capable.
If the dog pins are pressed in from the back side, you might still do good, but fishing it will give you a better answer.

Either way, it appears to be very capable.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.