New user. G’day from (SA)

Started by Sarge1980, May 02, 2019, 03:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge1980

Hello all, I'm new to this message board after seeing it pop up in the odd google question that I have asked. I spent seven years in the retail tackle trade many years ago. Since then I went into transport and then heavy vehicle driver training. Due to illness I had to give up working to work on myself. I'm just starting to get back into it slowly by doing some reel servicing and repairs for people. I'd like to be self employed again doing a little bit of driver training and a bit of fishing related stuff.

I've joined here because I get the occasional problem when I'm looking at reels now and wanted to be able to ask the world. I've got a couple straight off the bat but I'll try and post them in the correct place.

I've just moved to Adelaide after many years in Whyalla. Both in South Australia.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Sarge —

From the mountains of California.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Darin Crofton

Welcome, Sarge, glad to have you here, plenty to learn and amazing people in here! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Gobi King

Welcome Sarge from West Michigan, USA.

How is fishing in Adelaide?

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome Sarge - Chris UK.
You will learn a lot from this site  :)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Welcome Sarge, from sunny Western Australia, I was very lucky, never had a days sickness through my working life, makes all the difference, not that I was every qualified in any thing special, a part from shearing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philadelphia Sarge.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

G'day.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Welcome from South Florida. The land of Oz has always been a place I have wanted to visit.
Tight lines and miles of smiles.

Scott

1badf350

Welcome from the outskirts of Washington DC
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

steelfish

Welcome, bienvenido from Baja, Mexico
The Baja Guy