Proberos jigging reel.

Started by Sarge1980, May 02, 2019, 04:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge1980

Well because I like a laugh and I'm a tackle junkie I've spent my money to try a cheap Chinese jigging reel out on our local yellowtail species the yellowtail kingfish. They can grow to 60kg+ but our average ones in south oz are from 15-35kg. I reckon it's going to be too much for the Chinese cheapie and I'm better off sticking to my saltigas and penn inters. Here's some pictures before I destroy it.

Cheers,
Brad

MarkT

Looks like an Accurate knock-off except for that drag plate!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

redsetta

This should be fun!
Looking forward to pics and reports.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

milne

Hey there Sarge,
   I'm a tad north of you in Melbourne, We are having a resurgence of Kingy in the bay here, mind you there basically only Rat Kingy's, nothing spectacular, after they were fished out in the 60's it's nice to see them slowly come back.
My experience on Kingy's, comes from Back home in Kiwi land, and sure as hell, they can spot an angler with gear not up to the task !
I had my share of huge bust off's with crap gear. There are some phenominal Kingy fishing over in the land of the long white cloud, but in all honesty, we used to use 114h's and 113h's,  back then a poor man's tank reel.  I managed to pull some huge specimens up back home and lost a fair few I might add, But now with the advent of Tiburon frames and S/S pinions and gear and new stack drags, these old Senators will be my weapon of choice for my future Kingy adventures. I can honestly say, that Kingy's still rate as the hardest fighting fish I've ever encountered, pound for pound that is.
Will be looking at sampling your fine fishing coast once my boat has it's re build completed, have a few friends that have towed down there for extended fishing excursions, never quite got the timing right to join them, but on all accounts, a fantastic place to drop a bait......

Col

MBG75