Lifetime Warranty Transferable?

Started by Craigen, May 04, 2019, 03:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigen

I'm selling my new SGN.  I was asked if the lifetime warranty is transferable to next owner.  I already sent in the warranty card with my name and serial number of the reel.

mike1010

I asked Truth/Siegler this question a while back, and they said that the warranty follows the reel forever.  Can't beat that with stick.

Mike

foakes

I really admire and appreciate that type of service and standing behind their products.

For me, it accomplishes much consumer good will and confidence — more effective than any multi-million dollar advertising campaign could ever do.

I also appreciate companies that stand behind their products even without a receipt — instead of relying on the fact that most consumers do not register or keep all of their receipts from years prior.

Had a good experience yesterday with Maglite — no proof of purchase required — just send the flashlight in, and they will take care of it by either a repair or replacement — so long as it is not an abuse or battery leaking issue.

Good service doesn't need to ask questions — it is just plain old fashioned good service — that is becoming rarer and rarer, today.

We need to make a list of these great companies — so that our members can patronize their products.

I keep a small list for my personal use.

The other reality, that few of us realize — even though a firm states in writing that they have a lifetime guarantee on their products — generally a good company's promises, will only be for 40 or 50 years — and that is more than long enough for most of us.  Why is this?  Because a firm comes into existence, creates great products, then when it is time to retire — and the kids do not want to buy or run the company — it is sold to another firm that does not honor the original guarantee's and warranties made by the original firm.  No big deal — just the way life works.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Craigen

oc1

That would be an interesting list Fred.  I guess Craftsman tools may be the best known example.  My father-in-law used to buy buckets full of old mechanic tools for next to nothing at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.  If he found a damaged Craftsman tool he would march into Sears without a scrap of paper and get a new one.  I guess that's about over now that Sears is going under.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: oc1 on May 04, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
That would be an interesting list Fred.  I guess Craftsman tools may be the best known example.  My father-in-law used to buy buckets full of old mechanic tools for next to nothing at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.  If he found a damaged Craftsman tool he would march into Sears without a scrap of paper and get a new one.  I guess that's about over now that Sears is going under.
-steve

Steve the Craftsman name was sold to Black and Decker.  Same name (same quality?).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Quote from: Dominick on May 04, 2019, 08:48:10 PM
Quote from: oc1 on May 04, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
-steve
Steve the Craftsman name was sold to Black and Decker.  Same name (same quality?).  Dominick
Thanks Dominick.  That explains why the Craftsman name showed up at Ace Hdw and K-Mart.  Same lifetime guarantee??  Never been a fan of Black and Decker stuff.
-steve