alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Lifetime Warranty Transferable?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 23, 2019, 01:18:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lifetime Warranty Transferable?  (Read 1582 times)
jzman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Craigen

« on: May 04, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »

I'm selling my new SGN.  I was asked if the lifetime warranty is transferable to next owner.  I already sent in the warranty card with my name and serial number of the reel.
mike1010
Photo Group

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »

I asked Truth/Siegler this question a while back, and they said that the warranty follows the reel forever.  Can't beat that with stick.

Mike
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:10:45 AM »

I really admire and appreciate that type of service and standing behind their products.

For me, it accomplishes much consumer good will and confidence — more effective than any multi-million dollar advertising campaign could ever do.

I also appreciate companies that stand behind their products even without a receipt — instead of relying on the fact that most consumers do not register or keep all of their receipts from years prior.

Had a good experience yesterday with Maglite — no proof of purchase required — just send the flashlight in, and they will take care of it by either a repair or replacement — so long as it is not an abuse or battery leaking issue.

Good service doesn’t need to ask questions — it is just plain old fashioned good service — that is becoming rarer and rarer, today.

We need to make a list of these great companies — so that our members can patronize their products.

I keep a small list for my personal use.

The other reality, that few of us realize — even though a firm states in writing that they have a lifetime guarantee on their products — generally a good company’s promises, will only be for 40 or 50 years — and that is more than long enough for most of us.  Why is this?  Because a firm comes into existence, creates great products, then when it is time to retire — and the kids do not want to buy or run the company — it is sold to another firm that does not honor the original guarantee’s and warranties made by the original firm.  No big deal — just the way life works.

Best,

Fred

“We are all made better and stronger than our excuses”

There are ten reasons to consider when choosing your next fishing reel.

The first is to pick a reel you like — The other nine reasons don’t matter.
Craigen

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:05:03 AM »

Thanks for the info.
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »

That would be an interesting list Fred.  I guess Craftsman tools may be the best known example.  My father-in-law used to buy buckets full of old mechanic tools for next to nothing at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.  If he found a damaged Craftsman tool he would march into Sears without a scrap of paper and get a new one.  I guess that's about over now that Sears is going under.
-steve
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:48:10 PM »

That would be an interesting list Fred.  I guess Craftsman tools may be the best known example.  My father-in-law used to buy buckets full of old mechanic tools for next to nothing at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.  If he found a damaged Craftsman tool he would march into Sears without a scrap of paper and get a new one.  I guess that's about over now that Sears is going under.
-steve

Steve the Craftsman name was sold to Black and Decker.  Same name (same quality?).  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 08:22:38 PM »

-steve
Steve the Craftsman name was sold to Black and Decker.  Same name (same quality?).  Dominick
Thanks Dominick.  That explains why the Craftsman name showed up at Ace Hdw and K-Mart.  Same lifetime guarantee??  Never been a fan of Black and Decker stuff.
-steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: