A Heavenly 210

Started by mo65, July 14, 2016, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

The bridge plate in the 210, would onna those aftermarket double dogged ss JM 500 plates fit?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

I dunno?
I don't think so. The bridge is unavailable from Scott's, so that tells me no.
Life is Good!

mo65

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 09, 2017, 06:12:27 AM
This is all your fault Mo. >:(
My first 210. A pristine beauty. ;)

Welcome to the guild Daron! They really are awesome reels...yours looks great! 8)

Quote from: Gfish on August 09, 2017, 02:19:50 PM
The bridge plate in the 210, would onna those aftermarket double dogged ss JM 500 plates fit?
Gfish

The 210 appears to have it's own bridge, not shared with any other reel. Although I see no reason it couldn't be double dogged in the older fashion of adding a second dog to the bridge screw(and a bit of dremeling), I wouldn't want to take the 210 to drag numbers that call for double dogging. The smaller pinion that makes the higher speed, the levelwind assembly, and only three frame posts are factors that should keep this reel operated around 15lbs. of max drag. Even though my 210 with it's 5 stack will make around 20lbs.(that's approaching double dog range), I'd probably never fish it that high. Just for reference...have you ever pulled line from a reel at 15lbs.? It's a lot stiffer that it sounds.
  On the other hand...a second dog added in alternating mode would be cool...not only for the sound...but for reduced backplay.8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Darin Crofton

Quote from: mo65 on July 14, 2016, 04:51:22 PM
The 210 is one of my all time favorites...top of the heap for chasing big catfish in rivers. With the levelwind and 4:1 gearing you can hold the rod high and crank fast on the retrieve, keeping that hook above the myriad of snags it passes on it's way back to you. Try that with a Longbeach...:P  I decided to hop up my 210, and after installing the bling I like this gem even more!

Awesome work! I've been looking for a 210 among others, will refer back to this for reference, thanks!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

xjchad

Hi Mo,
It looks like your 210 had a stainless (?) spool in the first picture, but an aluminum spool in the finished pics.
What did you swap it from?
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

Quote from: xjchad on April 30, 2019, 06:34:42 PM
Hi Mo,
It looks like your 210 had a stainless (?) spool in the first picture, but an aluminum spool in the finished pics.

I bought the aluminum spool on fleabay. It's much lighter than that stainless spool, something to think about if you are casting your 210. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Ron Jones

If you DID want to run bigger drag numbers on a 210, a new SS 66 stand would help out considerably.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

xjchad

Quote from: mo65 on April 30, 2019, 06:50:26 PM
Hi Mo,

I bought the aluminum spool on fleabay. It's much lighter than that stainless spool, something to think about if you are casting your 210. 8)

Great, thank you Mo!

Quote from: Ron Jones on April 30, 2019, 10:20:16 PM
If you DID want to run bigger drag numbers on a 210, a new SS 66 stand would help out considerably.
The Man

Good idea Ron!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: xjchad on April 30, 2019, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: mo65 on April 30, 2019, 06:50:26 PM
Hi Mo,

Great, thank you Mo!

Quote from: Ron Jones on April 30, 2019, 10:20:16 PM
The Man

Good idea Ron!
Did someone get a 210 recently, Chad?  ;D ;D ;D

xjchad

Quote from: Darin Crofton on April 30, 2019, 11:42:26 PM

Yes I did, thank you brother!
I'm torn on this one though! Everything in me wants to tweak it out, but it's so mint, with the box and everything, it's hard to even open it up.
What to do???  ??? :D

Ron Jones

210s aren't all that expensive, If you like the pretty one find an ugly one.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Darin Crofton

Quote from: xjchad on May 01, 2019, 01:03:52 AM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on April 30, 2019, 11:42:26 PM

Yes I did, thank you brother!
I'm torn on this one though! Everything in me wants to tweak it out, but it's so mint, with the box and everything, it's hard to even open it up.
What to do???  ??? :D
I had a feeling that might happen, but was hoping to see some magic done to it. Either way I'm happy you like it my friend!

xjchad

Well, at least I have some time to think it over. I still need to finish your Sealines and start scraping together parts.
I also have a homemade 49A and a couple spinners in pieces that I need to put back together.
Just no time lately, but hopefully it will get better soon.
I do have a couple ideas for this 210 Darin  ;)