NEED HELP! Going to Tiburon Wednesday May 8. Please vote for next projects

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, May 04, 2019, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Topless xn frame and spool for the Penn International 12s.  It's a wish list right?

Or a xn squidder / surmaster 100 - 180 but in a new limited color.  Red and black camo perhaps.

reel man

Have them make a 2" width kit for the Newell 500 series (same as my 521 reel)

mikeysm

You have to realistic  here. To produce a magnum reel Tom and Randy have to work together. Randy can only get the frames built. Tom makes the side plates. Tom has said that he might do a magnum in the future. Without the side plates Randy would be making frames he cant sell.

Mike

Gfish

Ok. Didn't think about the magnum side-plate thing.
The extra wide JM holds alota line and I's thinkin that the added strength of the mag. guts would make it a good pelagic fish reel with a smaller profile and possibly lighter weight.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

broadway

Good point Mike, didn't think of that.  It sure would be nice when it (possibly) happens. I'm in for 3 if it does.
Okay, Santa ain't coming this year for me.
Dom

2nakiller

mikeysm

The narrow 112 3.0 is a good choice since Tom has plates for them.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Swami805

Maybe more narrow 300 newells since Bryan has plates coming.
I'd be in for a 100 narrow. Would be nice with some green monofil sideplates.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 2nakiller on May 06, 2019, 06:02:35 PM
Something narrow that will fit on my FatAssed Ulua  ;)

Rick, I have just the ticket.  There is a special Ulua rod clamp kit.  It consists of two hose clamps.  Just kidding!

sabaman1

JIM

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: broadway on May 05, 2019, 03:56:41 AM
Any chance on an XN 112h magnum?
Dom

Dom, I have good news and bad news.  The bad news is that 3/0 Magnum plates are very hard to come by.  It would be great if Tom ran some, but he has a lot on his plate and it might be a long time before that happens.

The good news is that I have a 3/0 Magnum and I would love to sell it for $275.  Please take a look at the photos and let me know if that might work for you.

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Ron Jones on May 05, 2019, 05:04:47 AM
I'd love a 100. Even if they did the Squidder again and then ran some 100 spools. If you could talk them into a Sqidder Magnum XN spool, that would be great.

I'd love the 112HXN, but for thos asking for a magnum, I'd ask why? The fastest you could make it is the same speed the standard reel already is, and you can make the standard reel very strong. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I'd just like to read others thoughts.

Has anyone built a XN Surfmaster 250 yet? That would be like the most awesome in shore live bait reel.

Ron Jones

Ron, your wish is my command.  How about a brand new in the box 250 with all of the accessories and a new red P21XN kit?

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: milne on May 04, 2019, 11:36:21 PM
Xtra narrow 114h

12h  (T3n)

Actually, I'm just starting out doin these,,,,

I'm happy with what ever, as long as they keep comin !

Col

Col, I have the T60XN extra narrow kits for the 6/0 114H Senator in stock in red, silver, black and electric blue.  Let me know when you are ready.

I will count your vote for the T3N kit for the 112H 3/0 Senator.

Thanks,

Randy

Ron Jones

Randy,
My wife is learning to not like you very much.  ;D
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"