Cumberland Smallmouth Bass

Started by mo65, May 05, 2019, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Hey folks, here's the smallmouth footage from the Lake Cumberland trip. I enjoyed the smallie action as well as the striper fishing. Our guide was perplexed as to why all his clients the past week had been more than happy catching them...seriously?? 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Looks like a great trip....and a fun "ride', too !  I wish our river (the Rock River) would get out of flood stage , so I could get at the small mouth!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Reel 224

Mike: You and the boys caught a bunch of redeyes. NICE!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

festus

Mo65, my cousin lives in Somerset, KY, and when he isn't fixing air conditioners, he's fishing on Lake Cumberland.  He's strictly a b@$$ fisherman, and usually posts b@$$ pics 3-4 times a week on FB.  Here's a few he caught today.  I've intended to go up there for quite a while, just too tight to buy a Kentucky license.  ::) He gets some nice smallies too. Gotta tune him in to the planer board/live bait scenario.  Nah, you can't teach a young dog old tricks.  ::)

philaroman

Quote from: festus on May 12, 2019, 11:51:28 PM...Gotta tune him in to the planer board/live bait scenario.  Nah, you can't teach a young dog old tricks.  ::)

no question that would work, but may get quite pricey, unless you collect your own baitfish as needed...  smaller bucket-mouths that are "all head", can readily inhale prey half their size

Benni3

Great job,,,,,that looks like a big bass shot out,,,,, ;D