Main Menu

Greetings

Started by gouthro, May 06, 2019, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gouthro

Hello,
I am a new member from Montréal, Quebec.  I usually fish in the Gulf of St. lawrence.  I came to this forum through a reference on Instructables.  I have an Okuma model503 reel that I bought in Chile ten yrars ago, swiftly took apart and it has never worked since.  I have some big fish to carch this summer--barre rayée in French, or striped bass.  They are new here, apparently because of the warming of the ocean.  Coming north.  The crank arm doesn't turn.  The old faded instructions say that there is some kind of dot that should be lined up on the gears.  I tried everything but never succeeded.  There must be a secret.  But, hey, I should be posting all of this on the specific site, which I will do immediately.  Looks like an interesting board.

Thankyou Gouthro

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Hi and welcome,
I think you are referring to the elliptical gearing system (EOS) that Okuma likes using.
If you look at this Alan Hawk revue (just over halfway through) he describes the system, with pictures.

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/okvs8.html.

Also I have attached a scan of a manual page. Not your reel but the principal is the same.
It is possible to completely screw the gearing when this is not assembled correctly :(

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Welcome.  I looked at the manual page and the advice given here makes sense.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

happyhooker

Greetings, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !