Debut of my trolling Superman rod

Started by steelfish, May 07, 2019, 06:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Great report Alex. It is so cool to see you catching with your own personal build. I know the feeling and it is special and also when you see your buddies reeling in fish on rods you built for them too. Glad you had a great trip. Keep up the good work.

Dwight

Donnyboat

Thanks for the pics & report Alex, o my to make a rod & rebuild the reel, then have a nice days fishing, what a great feeling, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Good job brother...nice fish and great rod!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

steelfish

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 10, 2019, 10:29:32 AM
You built it, you test it and it works perfectly...can't get any better.Good job!Sal
now I feel confident that my previous rods I built are up to the task for any job, naah I already knew it !! ;D
one of my friends caught a 90# grouper on one rod I restored for him with better components, he said to me after that fish, Alex, there is no better way to test the rod, congrats that that great job, it made my day eventho I didnt caught the fish.

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 10, 2019, 11:27:45 AM
It is so cool to see you catching with your own personal build. I know the feeling and it is special and also when you see your buddies reeling in fish on rods you built for them too. Dwight
hey amigo Dwight, I know you know that feeling really well, it feels really nice, now Im on a plan to sell all my factory rods to fish only with my custom rods.

Quote from: Donnyboat on May 10, 2019, 05:05:36 PM
Thanks for the pics & report Alex, o my to make a rod & rebuild the reel, then have a nice days fishing, what a great feeling, cheers Don.
I love that reel, its compact and strong, but I will upgrade the t4n1 113xhn reel on the internals to use a "customized" reel on a custom rod, sounds cool, isn't it?

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on May 23, 2019, 12:29:02 AM
Good job brother...nice fish and great rod!  Bill
thanks broda', it was a nice day.
The Baja Guy

steelfish

another good figthers caught on the SS superman Seeker rod

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=29259.0
The Baja Guy

Fishy247

Nice! Always great to catch nice fish, but way better to catch them on your own build!

Gfish

Superman vs. the powerful-diabolical Yellowtail! Super! Great photos Alex.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: mrbrklyn on August 25, 2019, 06:00:04 PM
Nice field testing.  Love the bend.  I don't know anything about those fish you caught, but I've fished that area... you are looking good!
I love the action of the rod, because of the line test on the specs I though it was going to be kind of stiff but eventho is composite it has a nice flex and its really sentitive, so you have fished BOLA already?

Quote from: Gfish on August 25, 2019, 06:45:09 PM
Superman vs. the powerful-diabolical Yellowtail!.

next episode will be "Batman Vs the malefic Dr. grouper"  stay tuned.

The Baja Guy