Makaira 20ii sea - what is this part?

Started by Smols, May 09, 2019, 01:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

I purchased this reel and there was something loose that was rattling around in the reel. I pulled off the side plate and found this pin floating around. I don't see anything on the schematic that I can identify as this part. Does anyone recognize this pin? What is it?

Smols

Well Guys, mystery solved. I figured something was amiss when nothing but crickets came from the experts on this forum who viewed the post. Upon further inspection with a magnifying glass, I realized it was the tip of a ball point pen. How it got in the side plate is a head scratcher, but I am relieved that it is not a piece of the reel. Now to do a complete service on this reel and look for a good rail rod to match. If anyone had a UC Viper they would like to part with, please contact me.

Thanks,
Smols

Gfish

Wow.
I just saw this and was gonna suggest it might be a click pawl for some outter side-plate unit without the spring. Maybe during the last service a ball point pen was onea the tools used.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rivverrat

Smols, might have a better chance at winning a lottery than finding a used Viper or someone willing to part with one.

Probably the most desired stick made for that line class... Jeff

Smols

Yeah, Jeff - I figured it was a longshot, but you never know. I don't play the lottery, so maybe that will help my chances. My trip is not until November, so I have some time to acquire a good rod.
-Smols