Daiwa BG bail springs

Started by drumbum, March 30, 2019, 08:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumbum

Does anyone know of the cheapest supplier for daiwa parts?

I am currently in need of a bailspring for a BG-20 part# B42-1701.

I have five in the series and think I may need to stock up on spares for all before they go NLA.

Thanks for any input.

foakes

Most of these bail springs are still available as of now.

Generally run $1.50 to $3.00 each — depending on who — plus shipping is normally $4 - $6.

Just do a google search for the brand and part #...

Find a shop that has all of the ones you need — and you will save money and hassle on the shipping.

These are also fairly universal — so others may fit — or with slight mods — work just fine.

I always have 300 to 400 either used or new in the bins — to fit into a reel on my bench, if needed.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

drumbum

Thank you for the reply Fred.

I ordered directly from Daiwa.  Ordered 10 for the five reels I own, 13 and 15 back ordered.

At 50cents each, no big outlay of cash, but were sent to me gratis.

Daiwa!

drumbum

How I missed your reply on the same day I posted, I still can't figure, as I was monitoring the site for days.

Thanks again!

foakes

Pretty good service from Daiwa —

Not all companies are gougers or rude — and I always remember when a company goes above and beyond by doing the unexpected good service model.

Thanks for reporting back to us — so all can be appreciative of Daiwa.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.