Penn 20 Visx noisy in 2nd speed?

Started by Anglerboi, May 23, 2019, 06:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anglerboi

Hey guys this is a broad question  but I noticed my silver penn 20 visx is a bit noisy when turning the handle in 2nd speed.  I only noticed this because I just purchased the 16visx and it's a lot more quiet in 2spd.  The 20 I've taken on 3 trips in the last year without hanging any fish on it.  My question is could this just be standard wear and tear from salt buildup? I don't want to get it serviced quite yet because I haven't really used it to much and expected a higher end reel to hold up much better considering the amount of used.   Curious to see what you guys recommend I do?

Thanks guys

Swami805

If it sounds off to you get it serviced. If there's something wrong it won't fix itself and could lead to more damage down the road or worse still it grenades with a fish on it. If there's a decent shop around take it in and see what they think. That's a lot of $ for one of those
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Anglerboi

Quote from: Swami805 on May 23, 2019, 07:57:19 PM
If it sounds off to you get it serviced. If there's something wrong it won't fix itself and could lead to more damage down the road or worse still it grenades with a fish on it. If there's a decent shop around take it in and see what they think. That's a lot of $ for one of those

Thanks yea I don't want to mess around I will send it.  Thanks