alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Side plate screw
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 17, 2019, 11:12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Side plate screw  (Read 89 times)
nctrucker

« on: May 15, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »

i have a zebco cardinal 4 with a bit of a problem. the screw is in there tight and has been chewed up a lot during attempts to loosen it. no chance with the original abu tool. serial number is 740600.
     i would like to get inside the reel. it is smooth with no apparent problem  so i'm not in a rush to do anything. the side plate may not have the recess for the screw head some of my other plates have.
    anybody had this happen? i have thought of dremelling(is that a word?) the head of the screw off and replacing it if it comes to that and it may. a thought i have had was pushing down on plate around screw head and trying to turn screw with less pressure on head of screw. i am hoping against thread lock being on there but who knows.
RUSTY OLD COLT

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:58 PM »

Have you tried putting a dab of  automotive valve grinding compound on the tip of the screwdriver . It will fills the voids and helps the screwdriver from slipping. ( old mechanic trick ) Also you can try and heat the screw head with a small soldering iron to help if its seized.
nctrucker

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 02:53:56 PM »

thanks! i will try to do both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: