Tranx 500, problem with a bearing race stuck on sideplete housing

Started by steelfish, May 16, 2019, 07:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

That's the bearing under the gear sleeve that sits in that little sump?  Those should be bushings rather than bearings.  It seems they're corrode no matter what you do to them!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bryan Young

If I had to wager a guess, something is contacting the main gear under the main gear or the anti-reverse rachet, like the anti-reverse pawl when the drag is tightened.  Or possibly the bracket holding down the gear sleeve is installed backward or upside down (is the bracket is countersunk).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

thanks guys, yesterday (few hours ago) it was too late almost 2am and I think I tried some of the tips you gave me already, but I will try them again later today and see if I can find the culprit.
this is not the 1st time this problem happen on a reel Im working, normally is fixes are the bracket that holds the sleeve is backwards (already checked that), or the conned benevilles before the star are touching the side plate (already checked that) or the bushing or bearing under the shaft is in bad shape (in this case the bearing is new), later I will check all that again and swap the teflon shims under the shaft and see if the ones on the reel are shot or something, that's also have helped on other reels with the same problem I didnt checked that cuz I needed to sleep and get up at 6am to start the daily rutine with my kiddos and day job ::)

The Baja Guy