Stress Free Fishing

Started by Newell Nut, May 17, 2019, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I need to relieve some stress.  I'll be down there tomorrow.   ;)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

Quote from: Dominick on May 17, 2019, 08:03:44 PM
Dominick, he said no weekend fishing. Best to show up on Monday.  ;D ;D     Rudy

Newell Nut

Quote from: RowdyW on May 17, 2019, 11:58:24 PM
Dominick, he said no weekend fishing. Best to show up on Monday.  ;D ;D     Rudy

Love it. ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 18, 2019, 01:02:31 AM

Love it. ;D ;D ;D
oops...I'm busy Monday rod wrapping and dog washing.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on May 18, 2019, 04:44:06 AM
Quote from: Newell Nut on May 18, 2019, 01:02:31 AM

Love it. ;D ;D ;D
oops...I'm busy Monday rod wrapping and dog washing.  Dominick

Rod wrapping?

Joe/ Off the Hook Rod & Reel
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Yep!  Trying my hand at it.  Right now practicing on a dowel.  Waiting for supplies from Dudhole.   :D Dominick

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on May 18, 2019, 08:36:06 PM
Yep!  Trying my hand at it.  Right now practicing on a dowel.  Waiting for supplies from Dudhole.   :D Dominick

Good for you! There is nothing like a homemade rod.

Joe/Off the Hook Rod & Reel
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Fishy247

Be careful there Dom...it can be highly addictive! Just look at Alex....or me...lol

Gfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 17, 2019, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: conchydong on May 17, 2019, 05:52:40 PM
Nice. What do you do with the Crevalles? Smoke them?
Looks like a decent Scamp in the mix also. One of the best eating fish in the ocean IMO.

Scott

Correct on the scamp. My partner took his home to smoke. I cut the filet into small steaks and cook it in a skillet with olive oil and blackened redfish seasoning. Taste great. My buddy that caught the scamp said it taste like steak to him. I have some nice friends from the Cape Verde Islands on a fixed income and I gave two of them to them and they are really happy to get them. They eat all fish and nearly every bit of it too. People that only eat the flaky white meat fish would not like the Crevalles. Depends on where you are from I guess. Heading back out Monday. One rule on our boat is to not fish on weekends. Ramps and ocean get real crowded on weekends. Too Stressful. ;D

Dwight

Cool! Workin hard at something you love with NO stress. Sounds like a longevity plan.
It's always surprised me how particular we Americans are about which fish species and parts thereof, we will and won't eat. In fact it seems like a real waste of fresh protein.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on May 18, 2019, 08:36:06 PM
that's very cool you doing this and sometimes dudhole has good deals on stuff,,,,,but there's another place that's cheaper,,,,,, ;D

steelfish

somehow I missed this thread (I actually know what happened, too much work too little time).

seems that your on a roll compadre, great Jacks, I caught one no even the half of the size you got there and offered a great fight
The Baja Guy

conchydong

That's a nice size JF Dwight. You are killing it on the new boat!