Hard to Beat This Drill/Impact Driver Set of 2

Started by foakes, May 17, 2019, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

$119 is what you would pay for a pair of replacement batteries in a DeWalt drill after 3 years.

18V 1/2" drill, Impact driver, charger, (2) interchangeable batteries, case.

I have this set — and it is bulletproof for the last 4 years.

Paid $149 for mine — and still know it to be a bargain at that price — this is $30 less expensive...

And, the best part:

(Read the part about free battery replacement for life...)

Lifetime Service Agreement

The original purchaser of an eligible product may elect to register for a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing approval as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Once all conditions of the registration process are fulfilled, the tool's service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchaser. The Lifetime Service Agreement status on a tool is not transferable. Note: The RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement is only available for eligible RIDGID tools purchased at THE HOME DEPOT.

I also have many DeWalts, Milwaukee's, and a Makita.  They are good — but these are slightly better, IMO.

And the lifetime service including free batteries — blows anything else out of the water.

One important disclaimer: You must register your purchase, serial numbers, and receipt with Home Depot — or no warranty.

And, Uh...FREE SHIPPING...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

I'm ho hum on cordless tools, because of the cost of replacing the batteries, UNTIL NOW......lifetime battery replacement?!?  Sign me up!   Thank you for the heads up Fred....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

I have a Rockler combination driver with the same plan. I bought extra batteries in a used bulk buy, two of them were dead. I called Rockler and they took care of me, gratis. There is still service out there, it is just a little hard to find.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tightlines667

Yet another great deal not available to those of us in Hawaii.  More and more big box stores are reserving their best deals to online only purchases, which actually pulls product off of retail locations, and limits selection and drives up costs for those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska.

I've ran into this problem on many different products tools, parts, furtinture, appliances, etc.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MarkT

Good deal.  I usually just get a new setup when the batteries go out since the batteries are the expensive part.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 31, 2019, 04:20:47 AM
Yet another great deal not available to those of us in Hawaii.  More and more big box stores are reserving their best deals to online only purchases, which actually pulls product off of retail locations, and limits selection and drives up costs for those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska.

I've ran into this problem on many different products tools, parts, furtinture, appliances, etc.

I just put in Hawaii in the checkout, John — (Hilo)

Shipping is free, ETA is June 6th, you do have to pay $6.97 sales tax for a total of $125.97.

Home Depot is a very good company — their shipping is generally free and quick — and their service after the sale is extraordinary.

We have a couple of HD's an hour away — but because of where we live, and the online selection — online delivery and ordering is swift and efficient.  UPS delivers it to our door up here in the Sierras — even in the snow.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Quote from: foakes on May 31, 2019, 05:00:02 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 31, 2019, 04:20:47 AM
Yet another great deal not available to those of us in Hawaii.  More and more big box stores are reserving their best deals to online only purchases, which actually pulls product off of retail locations, and limits selection and drives up costs for those of us living in Hawaii or Alaska.

I just put in Hawaii in the checkout, John — (Hilo)

Shipping is free, ETA is June 6th, you do have to pay $6.97 sales tax for a total of $125.97.

Home Depot is a very good company — their shipping is generally free and quick — and their service after the sale is extraordinary.

We have a couple of HD's an hour away — but because of where we live, and the online selection — online delivery and ordering is swift and efficient.  UPS delivers it to our door up here in the Sierras — even in the snow.

Best,

Fred

There are several states exuded from shipping (small text on forst screen), it allows you to select Hawaii, and do everything up to completing your order when it states shipping unavailable to selected location.  I called and tried to process the phone order with the same results.  

They don't offer this combo in local stores.  I will see if they have something comprable with the battery warenty in person.  

They might have good customer service.

John
Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

After doing some more research online and visiting the local stores, I opted for an instore purchase of the 12V versions w/4amp, and 2 amp battery for $125... not quite as powerful or good of a deal as the 18v models but they are much less bulky units.  As far as 12v models go, they have good specs, and are rated really well for handling, overall performance (other than battery life), reliability, and the lifetime warenty can't be beat.  Only the Makita, and the Milwakee rate higher and they cost more and don't have the lufetime warrenty.

Thanks for turning me on to these Fred.

John
Hope springs eternal

foakes

I would have done the same thing, John —

I have a couple of Milwaukee 12V that I use for reel work, the boat, job sites, the camper, and around the house.

They have lasted 11 years with the same set of batteries.  I have 4 batteries since I bought the drill and the impact at different times.

When they ever wear out — I will replace them with the Rigid set.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.