The Other Side Of a Knife

Started by SoCalAngler, May 18, 2019, 01:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Not to diminish the Kaybar thread or add anything negative, and I fully support out troops past and present but has anyone seen one of these?

I got this from my grandfather about 30 years ago. I use it to hack off tree limbs, weed removal and just about anywhere a machete would be used.

I did a little research on line but really didn't come up with much. From what I found the stamp or markings on where the blade was made come into play.

Anyway here is some pics. If this is out of line in anyway mods please remove this thread.

A Japanese bayonet from WWII with scabbard.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

nelz

I'm not a knife collector/enthusiast, but recently have stumbled upon some interesting knives while hunting for collectible reels at the flea market. I've found the website BladeForums.com to be pretty helpful in finding out about my finds.

I think maybe I am taking on a new hobby.  ;D

Benni3

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 18, 2019, 01:26:48 AM
Not to diminish the Kaybar thread or add anything negative, and I fully support out troops past and present but has anyone seen one of these?

I got this from my grandfather about 30 years ago. I use it to hack off tree limbs, weed removal and just about anywhere a machete would be used.

I did a little research on line but really didn't come up with much. From what I found the stamp or markings on where the blade was made come into play.

Anyway here is some pics. If this is out of line in anyway mods please remove this thread.

A Japanese bayonet from WWII with scabbard.

I think the diamond symbol is the city or town it was made in,,,,, :D but the other looks like the eighth air force and that can't be right,,,,,, ;D