cedar Planked Yellow Tail

Started by Hardy Boy, May 21, 2019, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

The daughter was home for a few day visit and she loves fish but had not cooked any of the yellowtail that I had given her on a previous visit as she was unsure how to cook it. I said cook it like salmon or halibut and make sure its just done as over cooking will make it dry. I have had good luck with the Cedros YT and since I have a bit, I've been cooking it like I do salmon and other NW fish. This worked out great : rub with a little olive oil, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes, cook on soaked cedar plank, cook until just done. served with mango salsa, asparagus and veggie risotto. it all got eaten.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

damn compadre, that looks really yummy

salsa mango looks like it was a hit on the dish
The Baja Guy

Ron Jones

Looks freaking good. I hear you about overcooking, not much worse you can do to yellowtail.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

Looks great! Mango salsa goes good with fish. I use the Trader Joes mango ginger chutney with wahoo and yt. I imagine that it'd be great with Halibut too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

ChileRelleno

Mmmmmm, that all looks great, nice cook!

Fish goes so well salsa/chutney, love it.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Leerie18

Lovely - will certainly try that in our new season...at least I hope to ;)

This idea and to prepare it as sashimi.

Mouth watering stuff!
LBG addict!