US 113 senator anti-reverse/drag issue

Started by GrantW, May 23, 2019, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrantW

Haha, nah she more than passes the fiancé test. She just makes the mistake a lot of women have of thinking you CAN have enough fishing tackle and reels

oc1

You seem like a decent guy.  Maybe she'll get over it.
-steve

GrantW

So The new spool and pinion came in. I took a little time a couple of days ago and got them installed. The issue I was having prior is gone. But now I'm feeling some rubbing or something when reeling, it's not a grinding or a heavy binding. Just doesn't feel as smooth as I would have thought. Is this just from the aftermarket bridge assembly and new yoke possibly?

I'll be out of town for work this week but when I get back Friday I plan to break the reel entirely back down to the beginning and clean the fresh grease out, lightly grease everything again and reassemble it making sure I have all my ducks in a row and see if it's still doing it.

foakes

Wouldn't hurt for just the experience of disassembling and reassembling again, Grant...

But you will likely find that SS components will feel a little rougher than brass against steel.

Nothing wrong — just an assurance that everything is tough and working.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

GrantW

Fred,
Appreciate the info. I could have swore I read that on here somewhere but couldn't find anything on it.

oc1

It might quiet down as the main and new pinion wear into each other.
-steve