When You Think Its Finished

Started by Rivverrat, May 26, 2019, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I could go on for sometime about the issues I've experienced building this rod for Darin in Florida but this about had me sticking a fork in my good eye....

Coming down this morning hoping to find a rod with a perfect final finish I find this little *%$@# !!!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jeri

They always find that one bit of the rod that is still tacky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

We get this about 1 in every 25 rods, especially in the summer, or more usually when the client is coming in that morning when we were expecting the rod to be perfect.

Rivverrat

Daron, wanted me to cover him in epoxy ;D

Darin Crofton

Like I said, flatten him and cover with epoxy then I'll name the rod "The Stinger" ;D ;D ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Tiddlerbasher

mo65

HA!!!! You guys are a riot! I vote also to name the rod stinger. :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rivverrat

Alan said some time ago it's alright for me to mention this.
I am now building rods. I like to use United Composite Blanks in my builds. But will build on any blank. While I greatly enjoy this, I readily admit I am still learning this craft. My builds are not at the level I am wanting yet. That said I've received no complaints from those who have received my rods. I will do acid / spiral wrap or conventional style. I set my acid wrapped rods up differently than most other builders. PM for explanation if interested.

My belief is few rods see any benefit from being acid wrap if they are wrapped right in relation to the spine of the rod to start with. On the other hand you really lose nothing much at all doing a acid wrap with guide placement & spacing some times being an easier thing when building in this way.

Considering what I stated, I am building rods at a very good price right now. Pricing will increase as my skills get better & work load grows which is already happening. If you wish for me to be more specific regarding  any thing I've stated here please feel free to shoot me a PM... Jeff  

Ron Jones

Talk about a fly in the ointment!
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

yeah, just cover him with epoxy!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I would just leave it and cover him up with epoxy.
It would look even better and will always have a nice story🙂.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

LOL the stinger rod LOL that was a nice one

I was about to cover in epoxy a common fly, as well, its was the last epoxy round when a dang fly got glued all 4 feets, I really considered to cover it with epoxy but a common fly didnt have a nice story to share, it was just an ugly ornament but in your case that wasp looks cool.

The Baja Guy

philaroman

Quote from: alantani on May 26, 2019, 11:52:26 PM
yeah, just cover him with epoxy!!!!
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 27, 2019, 12:44:35 AM
I would just leave it and cover him up with epoxy.
It would look even better and will always have a nice story🙂.

Sal

really glob it on & tell everyone it's a prehistoric wasp trapped in amber

...or just charge extra for bait  ;D  ;D  ;D

Benni3

When painting cars this happens alot,,,,but my friend got a perfect job,,,,but the fumes made a squirrel dizzy and fell from the rafters on the hood,,,,,, ;D

Midway Tommy

Heck, if you plan it right, take your time, prep him just right and put a little Vaselined block under his belly you could use him as a line keeper.  8)... ;D   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)