Newell reel stand foot extension

Started by Reel Newbie, May 27, 2019, 02:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel Newbie

So I was looking at my squidder with a used Newell stand on it, and was thinking if there's any way to make it any longer. The base as of now is a little corroded and has some dents at the foot, so I was thinking of making it longer so it'd fit my rod better. Any ideas?

alantani

i saw this a awhile back.  not sure if it will work or not. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

I don't know what type of rod your looking to mount it to and sometimes its not the foot that is the problem. If it is a deckhand style rod without a reel seat look at a Cork Puppy. This will not make the foot longer but the clamp it much longer making the reel more secure to the rod. But, this will not work with most rods that have a reel seat.

Reel Newbie

I have a rod with the normal twist type reel seat, and I just want the stand to be a bit longer so it'll feel a bit more secure.

reel man

The Newell speed clamp (SC 10) will secure the reel to the rood

oc1

Sounds like your problem is the rod's reel seat being too long, not the reel stand being too short.  Some photos would help a lot.  In a pinch, put some electrical tape on the tips of the reel stand to snug it up.
-steve

Reel Newbie

Mostly this is about the reel foot being damaged before. Here's some pics. Just trying to make it look a little better and a bit more practical.