Shimano Gold Trinidad 30 Handle Knob.

Started by Drisse, June 08, 2019, 12:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi there !

I got a Shimano Gold Trinidad 30 in for service. A cleaning and a couple of rusted bearings + drag upgrade to CT. But I got some problem with the handle knob. The handle knob is loose, so I ripped it of. There's only small metalparts left of the bearings, and no nut.
I know there should be a bearing at the bottom and the top of the knob and a nut to secure the knob. But should there be any washers ?

I cant find any schematic that shows the handle/knob on the Gold Trinidads. Anyone got a picture ?

Best Regards !

steelfish

Quote from: Drisse on June 08, 2019, 12:02:41 AM

I cant find any schematic that shows the handle/knob on the Gold Trinidads. Anyone got a picture ?

if I not mistaken the handle is sold as a unit (arm and knob) you cannot get/buy a shimano knob separately from the handle arm

you best bet is you want to continue using the stock gold arm of the trinidad is to drill out the knob shaft and install an aftermarket knob.

I actually repaired one trinidad handle with the same problem than you, but the one i fix for my friend still had a small but barely noticiable and I could installed a stock penn knob from the fathom not perfect fit but it should work specially if the reel is for charter use.

check this thread
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=28598.0

The Baja Guy

Drisse

Thanks Steelfish ! I have both the knob and arm. Just need to put it together again. Found a couple of used bearings that fits. Seems like there should be some special round nut to secure the knob, but I'll se if it works with a regular nut and a washer.

roadrunner

attached a photo of what was left in my setuo.  TN 40 gold

STEELFISH:  does it look like I have all parts ?

knob came off bombing for wahoo and not sure if lost anything

drise

hope picture can help you too0.jpg