Dam Quick 1000 spool question

Started by Woodbilly, January 25, 2024, 06:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodbilly

Will a Finessa drag knob fit a 1000 spool?

1st pic Finessa

2nd pic 1000

foakes

Unfortunately, No, WB —-

(4) reasons —- Width, height, spool arbor size, and the shoulder depth that compresses the drag stack.

They are unique —- a few DQ drag knobs will exchange between models —- but most do not.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Woodbilly

Thanks. That's what I assumed. Ain't got one for sale, do ya? Lol

foakes

Quote from: Woodbilly on January 25, 2024, 07:59:03 PMThanks. That's what I assumed. Ain't got one for sale, do ya? Lol

Here is a new one —-

$10 + $7 shipping.

PM me your full mailing info, if it would work for you.

Wait to pay until after you receive it.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

:)   I am sorry but it is kinder funny that you took a picture of the drag knob , wile working under the sink .   Do you have those turtle moments wile under there ?  >:D  >:D     :d
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

The only thing I hate more than plumbing —- is paying some other guy to do what I can do at least as good, if not better.

Installing a 5-Stage R/O under sink Water Purifier.

Worked on plumbing, electrical, concrete, tile, & carpenter work for 4 1/2 days last week —- installing a Jacuzzi Tub.

Decided to tackle this today —- the angles are nearly impossible —- and I am adjusting plumbing as I go for future service and filter replacement —- as well as keeping easy access to everything else under there.

Maybe another hour to go.

Have the granite countertop drilled and the spout installed, filters tightened and against the sidewall, all previous plumbing tight and adapters.

Now just have to drill the main drain pipe to attach a drain collar, connect the various lines, check all connections —- and charge it with water.

When done, if it works, I will post a photo.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

oldmanjoe

Not to Monday quarter back .  I have installed a few of these .   What I have done was put the tri filters  on a vertical slide out , to make filter changes easier and no wet cabinet bottom while doing it .   Work outside the cabinet .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Not much room under there, Joe —-

But a good idea.

Done.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

oldmanjoe

jgp12000

I reckon the guy that invented pex is poolside nowadays! Our kitchen faucet was hooked up Backwards when the house was built by a "professional" Plumber.He used white pex throughout the house, not the blue/red like you used.These 2 pipes were not positioned left and right either one was in front of the other,or marked? I guess he flipped a coin ,my buddy has a Milwaukee pex crimper that made it easy to fix.The crimper is kinda big for tight spaces though...

Midway Tommy

The one thing I don't like about PEX is the restrictions @ fittings. If you want 1/2" volume you need to use 3/4" PEX. The same goes with 3/4" by upping it to 1". The fittings really reduce the flow.   :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Guess you don't need this DQ 1000 drag knob after all —-

I will toss it back in the inventory.

No big deal —- just haven't heard from you.

If you do need it —- and haven't found one —- just let me know.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.