Tld 15-extra parts?

Started by Sscoville, May 31, 2019, 06:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sscoville

I got a carbontex washer and upgraded handle from Alan. What a beast!

Sscoville

I feel like there's too much play in my drag lever.  Is there a fix? 

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Sscoville

The drag lever on the tld. When I move it forward or back there is a fair amount of play. For example, when I move it out of freel spool to increase drag, I don't feel any restistance on the lever until I've moved it a good bit. Just feels loose and less precise than I would like, but maybe I'm expecting too much. I can't tell what could be tightened to make it better and I don't have another to compare it to.

alantani

check for damage to the brass cam!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Sscoville

Yes, you are right. I see a little damage on the inside bearing surface where it meets the stainless shaft. I assume I won't damage anything using it this way for now?  Need a new cam.

braz13

You won't damage anything but if it rounds out you'll lose drag adjustment, also makes fine adjustment difficult, I've replaced loads of these. Same part used on charter specials too.

Sscoville

Where can I purchase both the TLD 15 brass cam and new HT 100 drag washers for my 112hs?  I would like to support someone on this site, if possible. 

RowdyW

Call Shimano in CA. for the cam & lever. Alan T. can supply the drag washer, also Smoothdrag.     Rudy

Ruffy

Quote from: RowdyW on June 01, 2019, 05:26:14 PMI think that the dark colored washer is there as a heat shield to dissapate the heat from the metal drag plate and protect the drag cover from heat. It is on the opposite side of the drag plate so it has nothing to do with adding drag.

Rowdy was on the money with this comment. I've just pulled apart an early TLD10 with the same washer (?Felt) stuck to the inside of the cooling shield.

https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,3999.0.html