Red cooler shines again

Started by gstours, May 28, 2019, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As out weather up here is moderating towards better/good the thought was to maybe catch a halibut.
   Hoping the early morning fog would lift soon I mosied to a ledge that had put a fish in the freezer before.   In about 150 feet of slow moving tide flood everything seemed to be fine.   It was slow action butt with good snacks, serius xm radio, and blue sky's it didn't seem too bad.
   This fish went 97# according to the tape measure charts.   Notice the red cooler is quite proud looking.
      Can't wait to go again.   Thanks 🙏.   

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Looking good Gary! Oh, so does the fish 🎣😉

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Thank You, Gary!

Great story & Photo...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

My man the butt man shines again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

harryk3616

way to kick off the season  gary and cooler.    harryk

Gobi King

That thing is biiiig, as tall as you Gary!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

conchydong

Great work. Halibut is in my list of fish that I want to catch before I die. You make it look easy.

gstours

Thanks for the kind words.  It's easy some days,  and when the chips are down,  you can't buy a fish .
    Just about anywhere else.   I focus on the halibut for a couple months,  as our other fish are not here yet.    The weather is always a limiting factor,  winds are always shifting.  As well as the tides.
  Many people may not know, almost every month we have -3. To -4 ft (minus) tides and on the same days a high tide of 15-19 feet.   Meaning 19 to 24 feet of water height movement in 6 hours, that's 4 times a day.     This water effect has a big influence on all marine life.
   Other times there is 5-7 feet changing in the same 6 hour period from low to high.
        Thanks for watching my stuff.   More soon.    I'm going fishing tomorrow.🤦‍♀️🎣