Shimano Calcutta 400 Spool. Suggestions ???

Started by loogoman1970, June 05, 2019, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loogoman1970

Here's my situation. First, I love disassembling and servicing all of my reels and actually find it therapeutic. I recently acquired a Calcuttta 400, the old version CT 400. It's disassembled and looks like most of the parts are there except for the spool assembly, roller clutch bearing and spool bearing which am currently working on getting removed from the RH side plate. I'm thinking the spool was probably seized to the bearing and got damaged beyond use. I knew parts for this reel would be hard to come by but I didn't mind. Besides acquiring the actual spool # BNT 1637, are any of the other Calcutta 400 models interchangeable when it comes to the spool? Or if anyone has the spool you might consider parting with let me know. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Bryan Young

What's wrong with the spool?  Can you attach a picture of the spool where it's damaged?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

loogoman1970

oc1

You are probably going to need a second parts reels to make something complete.
-steve

loogoman1970

Thnx. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried using a spool from different models. Or maybe even someone who's "frankensteined" one.

swill88

I recall seeing a spool for this reel for sale on eBay.  Worth a check.

Steve