hello!! i am finally on board!

Started by jethro, June 05, 2019, 05:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jethro

from grand isle louisiana on the beautiful gulf of mexico, i have been watching this board for about 4 years picking up so much useful information that i feel humbled to be a part of it now.  i do a good bit of offshore fishing for everything we have.  i repair reels for the wildlife and fisheries research department, so i have to make a fair amount of lemonade out of lemons, because it is nearly impossible to get funding for reel repair. i am a captain with LDWF in charge of a few boats, largest one being a 54 foot catamaran for research.  i hope i can contribute to the board.  thank you in advance and hope to get in on the action asap.

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Gfish

What's up Jethro! Cool, the State dept. of wildlife and fish and a boat Captain to boot! Lookin forward to your posts...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

Welcome! Boating pics must follow!

alantani

welcome!  post pictures if you get a chance!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice to have you with us captain and thanks for joining.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Welcome aboard Jethro.......sounds like you have a dream job and look forward to you sharing your past and future adventures on the saltchuck

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Welcome, sounds like you have an interesting and exciting career path.  Love to see pics of your boats.

Donnyboat

Welcome Captain Jethro, what kind of up grades, do you do or general maintenance, on the reels, also what make & model reels are they using, nice to have you with us, good people here, cheers Don, all the way from sunny Western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Brewcrafter