Reel ID

Started by barkley1956, June 09, 2019, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkley1956

Hi Guys,

I had emailed Alan these photos looking for an ID. He suggested one of the MAG lines but I didn't have much luck looking through Mystic's website. I need a replacement handle. Look familiar?

Thank you and tight lines!

Jimmy

foakes

Right, Alan is, Jimmy —

Likely a Mag Series like a Mag 545.

Many of these handles are interchangeable — likely looking for a part number such as 24-555.

Availability on these is limited, according to Mystic — but no issues, you just need (1).

If no availability when you check with Mo at Mystic — I might have one in the Penn crank bins.

Probably good to break it open and check if a new set of HT-100 drags are needed, along with a new shift lever.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

Thats a 525 Mag.
Reel is no longer made but Looks like mystic has one. Same part number Fred suggested.
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/24-555.aspx
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

barkley1956

Awesome! Thank you guys!!!