New Daiwa Saltist Reels

Started by Lumberjack93, March 20, 2009, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjack93

My friend just bought a new Daiwa Saltist STTLW50HA Level Wind Reel.  And, not knowing, he ordered some Carbontex washers from Smooth Drag.  When I opened up the reel, I found out that the new Daiwa's now come with greased Carbon Fiber drag systems.  So, I cleaned the drag washers and applied a thin coat of Cal Sheets drag grease.  Then, I put the washers back in the reel. 

It looks like Daiwa has made the change to greased carbon fiber drags for all new Saltist's. 

http://www.daiwa.com/Reel/saltwater.aspx

Click on the Saltist or "New Saltist Levelwind" link and you'll see the picture and description of their new drags.

I wonder if Smooth Drag will give me a refund for the drag washers I bought from them?  The new Saltist Levelwind comes with a 3 drag stack compared to the 5 drag stack in the Non Levelwind version.  And, both versions are now greased carbon fiber.

Lumberjack93

alantani

i am sure that dawn will give you a refund.  if not, they should be very easy to sell. 

i am glad to see daiwa changing over to greased carbon fiber drag washers.  it means that the message, after all these years, is finally getting through.  we are winning...... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!