Bridge City with no anti reverse ...

Started by Alto Mare, June 10, 2019, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I just received this reel , one of the member wanted me to look at it.
The reel didn't have engagement with the anti-reverse dog

I wonder why?....

Now has left me wondering how was he able to put back the bridge nice and snug on the plate ;D.
This is how I found it when I opened it up.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

:-\ :-\ :-\ Sal  - what reel?

Ahh there it is ;D

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Hardy Boy

Thats a new one for me to see !! ..................... backwards and on the wrong side yes ................... but not a miss like that !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

RowdyW

As one of our distigushed mods would say, Duh!         Rudy

Gfish

Looks like somethin I'd do on my 1st, 2nd or 3rd time tryin to rebuild a Penn bridge, tryin to use my fleeting memory of how it came apart. Maybe I have done that, I can't remember!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Yep i remember a screw goes through the hole......
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

I do some wierd thinks at times, but I am not that bad, thanks Sal, interesting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

I wish I had pics of the first Penn overhaul I did...you guys would probably ban me...:P
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Quote from: mo65 on June 11, 2019, 05:02:13 PM
   I wish I had pics of the first Penn overhaul I did...you guys would probably ban me...:P

...me too !!

Loosened every screw on the headplate and pieces went flying everywhere. I put the pieces in a Ziploc and figured I'd never try again. Then one day I read a few tutorials on the forum and conquered my fears. If I can do it, anyone can.....even Mo !! lol

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

The first one I took apart was a 113h Sp. Sen. I figured that the first thing you had do was take out the 12 screws in the head plate. OOPS!      Rudy