What the Heck???

Started by nelz, June 28, 2019, 03:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

Saw this on eBay. I can't imagine what advantage this spool design would have. Am I missing something?  ??? ::)

RowdyW

Maybe install different color & weight line in each slot  so you don't have to respool for different situations.  ::) ::)  ;D ;D

foakes

It is an Asian made boat reel.

Supposed advantages with the triple-partitioned spool could include:

Instant knowledge of how deep your bait is, less line snares, ability to keep the line on the spool from building up in one area with no levelwind mechanism — or for someone who doesn't want to constantly feather the line to keep the retrieve-loading fairly level...

When one section is filled — the line just needs to be continued to the next section...

Cannot cast this reel — just for drops.

If I could buy all of the Angling gimmicks I have seen over the years for what they are really worth — then sell them to fisherman for what they think they are worth — I might be a billionaire.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

nelz

Seems to me it would just make a big mess!  ::)

foakes

Quote from: nelz on June 28, 2019, 07:25:15 PM
Seems to me it would just make a big mess!  ::)

Yep...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Come on Fred your close to it admit it, if you were using one continuous line would the devides not cut it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

I don't think that the separation ridges would cut a line, DB — too smooth and rounded — but maybe it is just to spool 3 different line test sizes — hopefully someone on here knows?

Maybe some real clever reel that I have never heard of.

Above my pay grade...

But, for $63 + shipping — someone on here could have a unique reel.  It does look like a well made reel.  Hard to tell without having it on the bench — particularly as to the quality of metals, innards, and other materials.

And I am sure that parts will be available for years to come...

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

nelz

I just noticed it has 3 slots to feed the line(s) through. I guess it's designed for using 3 sets of lines on one reel.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

PacRat

You just mount that on a triple-tip-crow's foot rod so you can fish three lines at once. Triple your chances at the jack-pot!

David Hall

Fish your 20-30 and 40 pound rigs all at once!

Alto Mare

Quote from: PacRat on June 29, 2019, 05:31:04 AM
You just mount that on a triple-tip-crow's foot rod so you can fish three lines at once. Triple your chances at the jack-pot!

That's what I was thinking, I see three slots on the frame ;D

Can't knock them for trying something different.  Bad things teach us just as much as good things.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

nelz

Imagine if you got careless for a second... bird's nest X3 yikes!!!!!