Big Sturgeon - great story

Started by Lunker Larry, June 13, 2019, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Crow

That's one they will never forget !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

festus

Glad they let it go. 

Sturgeon are making a comeback in the southeastern states, but they'll never get that big.  I've seen a few small ones and saw a pic of a 102 pounder from the Emory River.

Crow

The ones here in the Rock, and Mississippi are always , usually,anyway...shovelnose sturgeon. A "big one", is maybe, 40 inches. There have been a *couple* lake sturgeon caught, over the last couple years, but, they were "rare enough" to make the newspapers ! Water quality is, I think, even more important to them, than to most other fish.....the "paddlefish" are starting to make a small comeback, here, as well as the sturgeon, because the water has been a lot "cleaner" since most of the "heavy industry" went "somewhere else" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Lunker Larry

Sturgeon in BC is only a catch and release fishery. I've fished the Fraser twice and it really is something special. You guys on the west coast should make a trip up there.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Hardy Boy

I've done around 20 days on the Fraser over the years and it is fun. My best day, for big fish was two over 8 feet: my best day for numbers was over 15 for myself. A buddy of mine has guided for sturgeon for over 30 years and he is good. Cascade Fishing Adventures ; Marc is his name. He has some European clients that have come for decades and one guy comes every year and fishes for close to a month every day by him self. PM me if you want more info.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

George6308

We have them in the Delaware river. Very rare catch that must be released. Feel like a moving rock when hooked. They was a commercial fishery for them until the early 40's in Delaware Bay.
Nice catch.

Benni3

Alto Mare

What a awesome creature, lm glad it's still swimming.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gobi King

100 years old, just thinking how this fish survived all those years, I raise my coffee mug to another 100 years!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

Very nice, catch of a life time, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 15, 2019, 02:09:39 AM
I've done around 20 days on the Fraser over the years and it is fun. My best day, for big fish was two over 8 feet: my best day for numbers was over 15 for myself. A buddy of mine has guided for sturgeon for over 30 years and he is good. Cascade Fishing Adventures ; Marc is his name. He has some European clients that have come for decades and one guy comes every year and fishes for close to a month every day by him self. PM me if you want more info.

Cheers:

Todd
"Catch and release" places are special fisheries. There's lotsa catch and keep fishing to be done, but the best times I've had Trout fishing are in these C.& R. waters. Gotta keep your camara ready! Then again, there's always gonna be some poaching goin on...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

I wonder what reel they were using that it broke on them. I'm guessing TLD.
AWESOME fish!  :o

Lunker Larry

Here's their facebook post.

🥁 Introducing 🥁...  "THE 800" !!! 🏆🎣👊
11 foot x 62" girth 800lb beast
Biggest sturgeon caught on Fraser River this year !!!
congrats to Terry, Tom and Alex !

"a once in a lifetime dream came true today as we were able to catch and land (after the most epic fight)... A TRUE RIVER MONSTER! ..... Terry hooked into a 11 ft and 62" girth and over 800lbs+ first thing this morning....this monster put us in for an unbelievable fight and over a 5 mile run that tested all our limits as fishermen that included 3 full blown 10-15 ft jumps out of the water...1 broken and busted reel:.. 1 retied and reattached line... 2 log jams...1 dead pile of logs....a tug boat in our way....lots of stress... highs and lows... hi 5's and new lows...and lots and lots of luck! everything that could go wrong did but we caught "the great white" Jaws... sturgeon. Awesome teamwork with a amazing captain and a spectacular boat made the impossible-possible...All around the Biggest fish the SturgeonHunter / Fraser River Charters has caught in 20+ years! The pig nose sturgeon has nothing on this Great White monster! Loving life and believing dreams do come true! Sturgeon fishing rules! 😎👍 🎣 with the SturgeonHunter and captain Steve" ~ Tom K.

guided by owner/head guide Steve Kaye

Follow us on Instagram: @thesturgeonhunter