Virginia Beach Pier May 2019

Started by mo65, June 14, 2019, 07:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Here's a short look at the pier and beach...didn't get a lot of the fishing on film...the action was kinda fast and furious...and the camera was forgotten. 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Nice video, Mike!

Good gear...

Thanks!

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

Looks like a good time !! Those whiting make pretty fair eatin', too !  One comment about those horses on the beach....Dauphin Island (Alabama), where we spend our winters, passed (last winter) some new "laws" about dogs on the beach....seems to be happening all along the Gulf Coast.....because the "owners" won't "clean up" behind them....I can only imagine what the Dauphin Island Park and Beach Board would say about horses !!! ::)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

If you look real close Crow, you can see the "poop bags" hanging on the horses! I guess that's what you call them...HA!! :D

Crow

Well, I'll be dipped !!  Maybe I should get I on the ground floor with "doggie diapers" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Great video Mo.  Those bouncing rod tips get the adrenaline pumping!

oc1

Man, that looks like fun Mo.  Whiting taste so good because they mostly eat crustaceans and the flesh is so firm that you can do just about anything with them.  For the fish connoisseur.
-steve

Alto Mare

Nice clip Mo! You are very good with these videos, I always enjoy them.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Thanks fellas! The next time we're going to bring a tripod and get set up better. I just never figured the action to be so fast...figured I could film the other guys as we fished. Turned out that I couldn't even fish both rods, one was all I could keep up with. Probably never get on a bite that good again...hee hee! We didn't get any footage from the sea bass trip either. Both Tank and Rob were half sick and could barely fish, so I got left alone most of the trip filling coolers with fish, and had absolutely no time to turn on a camera. I though my arms were going to fall off! My LB 267 was a trooper...landed over two limits. Most of the film footage I got this trip was from our room balcony. 8)

Donnyboat

Love the last three photos Mike thanks for the lot, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

Fine looking fish !!   I understand that "too sick to fish", thing ! In our "snow bird fishing club", we have a couple that are "shore casters, only" !

Benni3

I love this,,,,,, :D me and some friends from work 4years ago fished on the left side where you was at and randy fell asleep on that beach that's in your video,,,,,brings back some good time with friends,,,,thanks mo,,,,,, ;D

Squidh90

Looks like you had a great time. I’ve seen alotta nice whiting on that pier.

Dominick

I remember my Mom would poach whiting for a perfect fish salad.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Crow

When I was a kid......a long time ago !......the grocery store in our little town would get boxes of "smoked whiting", and, being from a "Danish" family, fish of ANY kind were always on the menu. I always wondered "where" whiting came from ???.....took me about 60 years, but, I finally found out !  When we are "south", my wife fixes them a lot of different ways...baked, fried, chowder, etc., and they aways "hit the spot" !