Source for SS spinning reel clicker spring....

Started by Recoil Rob, June 14, 2019, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil Rob

Lost the clicker spring on an Okuma Epixor EB50 bait runner spinning reel. The schematics I've found don't even show it as a part.

Looks like it would be a coil spring with loop at each end, any idea what can be used in a pinch? I believe ballpoint pen springs are too big besides not being stainless. What other common houshold iten has smaal springs?

Would go from post on right to clicker on left..

thanks,

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
   - Errol Flynn

foakes

Yeah, it is likely just part of the complete spool assembly, Rob — so no separate part #.

I am sure I have some new springs that will work just fine.

Down in town for a few more hours — when I get home later today, I will shoot you a photo — then, if agreeable, I can send it out at no charge.

It would be helpful to have the hard measurement from the clicker spring attachment hole — to the keeper post — just so we get it right the first time.

These are fairly routine springs, and I have plenty.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Here is your correct new spring, Rob —

N/C.

Just took it off of a new Okuma spool.

Do not need any measurements — checked 25 new various Okuma spools — all use the same clicker spring — and this is an exact SS match to the existing new spool in the photo.

If, by chance, you would also like a new Okuma Epixor EB50 Spool, complete with all interior parts — you can have this one for $15 + shipping.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Recoil Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
   - Errol Flynn

foakes

Thanks, Rob —

Got it...

Will send out spring Monday.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Reel Newbie

Try springs from a lighter, they're a bit smaller and if you grease it up, it'll more or less last the same. And if it does fall off, it's only a lighter spring.