brutal friday!

Started by alantani, June 15, 2019, 01:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ed and i ran for salmon out of half moon bay. we ended up all the way north, past san francisco, past duxbury to double point. put 100 miles on the boat easily, but it was worth it. ed gets fresh salmon sashimi for dinner tonight, and so do mom and dad!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Good job, Alan & Ed!

Why did you need to run so far?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

Quote from: foakes on June 15, 2019, 01:49:18 PM
Good job, Alan & Ed!

Why did you need to run so far?

Best,

Fred

that's just how far away they were.  tactical error on my part.  the winds inshore were calm, but the seas were not. launching out of half moon bay meant running in open water the the entire 45 miles.  if we had launched out of south san francisco, 20 miles inside the bay would have been protected and the 20 miles from the gate to double point would have been semi protected.  my bad.  it was just that half moon bay was dead as far as salmon were concerned, and ed wanted only salmon. 

sabaman1

Nice catch Alan! Salmon sashimi is number 1 on my list, well worth your trip!  Where would be the nearest point to go catch some salmon on a sportfisher if you live in San Diego!

JIM

alantani

sometimes morro bay.  otherwise it's the san francisco bay area!

Gfish

Also, Monterey Bay about 90 miles south of the SF Bay.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sabaman1

Quote from: alantani on June 15, 2019, 03:16:29 PM
sometimes morro bay.  otherwise it's the san francisco bay area!
Thanks Alan! That area would make a real nice destination for me now that Im getting ready to retire from my job.
JIM

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

David Hall

And I heard Pacifica was hot just days ago? Not weather wise, good salmon bite wise.

Keta

Just rumor so far but I heard the Chinook are starting to show up off our coast.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain