Another Rerun

Started by gstours, June 16, 2019, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is some pretty good footage of a day a while ago when your reel acts up.   we got the fish and later I fixed the reel. 
    The reel was an Okuma 20 2spd,  i had it apart earlier that year and didnt notice some stripped or nearly stripped side plate screws.  the sideplate on the crank side came loose in the heat of the battle and compounded things a bit.  See what you think,  wish you were there. ;)

Crow

Nice fish, and video ! If you decide to "set it to music"....Jerry lee Lewis' Whole Lotta' Shakin', Goin' On (inspired by the reel handle!), or Ringo Starr's  "I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" would both fit !!  Seriously, looks like you "handled " things , quite well !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Good job not losing that fish Gary! Time to retire the Okuma ;).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Thanks 🙏,for the great suggestions.  The reel is retired, and I'm always looking for good music 🎵
   My go pro editing in no more.   It's going to be some re 🏃‍♀️ runs for a little while. 🎣🧐