Can you guys help me find the correct schematic?

Started by Matt300ZXT, June 18, 2019, 11:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt300ZXT

I picked up 5 used reels the other day, 4 Abus and 1 Penn.  I posted about them a day or two ago; I picked up the 6000 C3, a 4600 C4 Magtrax, and 2 5500 C3s.  All of them are very similar in design to the others, as well as my 6500 C3 Striper Special and 5500 C3 2 speed, but the last 5500 C3 I am currently working on is the most filthy by far and is set up differently than the others.

It could have been reassembled incorrectly before, or parts missing, or maybe it's just different than the others by design.  The handle has no spot for a tiny c-clip to hold it in place, then the curved springy washer thing, then the drag star, but there weren't 2 washers that are curved that you put together like a parentheses that go on the outside of the case under the drag star.  The side cover came off to expose the guts and there are 3, if I recall, washers at the base of the shaft where the middle one is a flat washer. 

Anywho, I'll include some pics, there are just so many schematics online for these reels that I wouldn't know if I was picking the correct one.  I just want to make sure I get it back together correctly and the parts are in the right order and none are missing.  I can take more pics or answer any question you might have so we can narrow down the correct schematic. 

p.s. this thing was INCREDIBLY filthy...

festus

Here is a link to the needed schematic.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/Abu%20Garcia/Schematics/5500C3%209905.PDF

Your reel doesn't use the c-clip, instead the handle is secured by a screw, part 20939

festus

This clipout might help.

festus

Here's the screw that's used instead of a c-clip.

Matt300ZXT

Awesome, I appreciate you knowing which schematic I need to check out.  Looking at the pic, it looks like part 22032 isn't in mine.  It says it's a ball bearing suveran but the only bearing I see anywhere in that area is the one that's in the side plate that the geared shaft goes through.  Unless of course that bearing is the 22032 and the washers were just on the inside of the side plate instead of on the outside of it.