Big Thanks to South Bend — They Don’t Mess Around!

Started by foakes, June 20, 2019, 03:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

For a few years now, I have purchased around a dozen reels and rods each year as gifts for children of clients, or for kids who may, for many reasons — not have anyone who could teach them to fish.

These are generally SouthBend Microlites coupled with an Eagle Claw fiberglass rod.

When ordering a few more a couple of weeks ago, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask SouthBend if they would consider donating (15) combinations to Alan's "Discover Angling" group for the kids.

I provided links to our website — and to the Discover Angling Website also.  Along with 501C3 info, and organization goals and guidelines.

Last Thursday, SouthBend happily confirmed that they would be glad to provide some nice setups for the kids — along with the invitation to set up a deep discount plan for Discover Angling future purchases, if needed.

So I contacted Alan, and he was contacting the other (2) principals on the Board.

In the meantime, (15) 5' fiberglass rods and (15) Microlite reels show up on the UPS truck yesterday.

I will spool them up with 6# Trilene XT, provide a practice casting plug, and get them up to Alan's in the next couple of weeks.

So, please keep SouthBend products and their good company in mind when any of these types of gear are needed.

They did not have to do anything — but they stepped up and did — with no hesitation or even the shipping cost.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

Fred,
Thank you soooo much for putting the time and effort into organizing this! And, also for your generous donation of time and supplies (spooling and line). I know the boss will appreciate it, but more importantly the kids. We, (all us reel nuts), need to remember that these kids are the future... Lets get them fishing! Thanks for the reminder, I need to figure out a way to pay it forward again, like all you guys have taught/helped me!
Your the man Fred!!! AWESOME.
Brett

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Great work Fred!
Thanks for doing this and thanks to South Bend...good stuff!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

Great Cause, Great Job...and a big Hand to South Bend for stepping up !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Way to go Fred & South Bend for getting this done!  I have a Shredder SB spinning rod I bought a few years ago when a rod I had planned to use on a fishing trip got damaged in transport, and it has been a good addition to my user rods.

Frank

Gfish

Alright Southbend! A rod n' reel favorite of mine since I's a kid. I had the microlite until I gave it to my Son-in -law for his and the daughter's backpacking excursions.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

That is awesome of Southbend!!! 

I suppose now we can plan fresh water fishing excursions. 

Thank you Fred in being the conduit for the support of Discover Angling by Southbend.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

One more reason to love a historic fishing tackle company...bravo South Bend! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

Keeping kids in the fishing circle is what life is all about. Well done SB & Fred, and Alan for having the appropriate entity available!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

broadway

Class act move, Fred and South Bend.
Cheers to good people doing good things,
Dom

Maxed Out

You are the man Fred !!

My hat is off to you

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan