red yamaha marine grease?

Started by pauly1010, June 21, 2019, 06:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly1010

According to Yamaha, there's only one yamalube marine grease and it's still blue. They've asked me to sent it to them for an exchange and told me to not use it.

RowdyW

Let us know what Yamaha has to say.

Crow

Has anyone tried the Corrosion X marine Grease ?  I sent for a tube, but haven't received it yet.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Quote from: pauly1010 on June 26, 2019, 08:49:35 PM
According to Yamaha, there's only one yamalube marine grease and it's still blue. They've asked me to sent it to them for an exchange and told me to not use it.
Yamaha has  changed their color from dark blue to light blue once before :-\
I liked the darker blue much better, but the light blue is still good
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2019, 09:59:31 PM
   Has anyone tried the Corrosion X marine Grease ?  I sent for a tube, but haven't received it yet.
I've tried it and it seems to be slightly thicker than the Penn Blue that I like. It's marine grease so it will work.

Stan

I went through this a bit with my Yamaha F150s.  Not sure about the chemical makeup, and I can't find the MSDS for either product...but these are two different products. 

Yamalube Marine Grease is the blue grease that's been discussed numerous times on this forum.  Yamaha outboard service manuals refer to this as "type a"

Yamalube Multipurpose Grease is red.  The same service manuals refer to this as "type b"

https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/multi-purpose-grease?b=Search&d=31|31&ls=yamaha-motor-company&dealernumber=

retiredandfishing

I ordered the Yamaha marine grease in the large tube.  Last time I did this I got the blue grease.  This time I got the red grease.  Tube information is exactly the same as with the blue grease and tube is same size.  Has anyone run into this lately?

RowdyW

Read the comments above. Yamaha Marine is BLUE & Yamaha Multi Purpose is RED. Send it back & tell them you want the BLUE MARINE Grease.