Graduation dinner

Started by David Hall, June 21, 2019, 11:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Can't believe how fast the food disappeared ?  But then I've never cooked dinner for a bus load of teenagers before.  Everyone had a good time and can't wait for the next rib fest.

Maxed Out

Looks delicious David......of course you stashed a rack of ribs for later right ?? You have plenty of beans for yourself too. Congrats on pulling it off. I never doubted you could do it, I only doubted your sanity in accepting the challenge lol
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

I know and my wife commented we only have five more coming up.  I told her that place in Brookings  Oregon is looking pretty good to me.  And yes I did stash a rack!  And there's a bit of Mac and cheese and the beans left over.  I'm eating good all next week.

Bryan Young

Fabulous David!!!

That was really smart about rolling the ribs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Captain64-200

It's great  cooking  for the kids ! are you planning to open a restaurant ?  ;D
Fred from Biarritz ,

conchydong

Great job Dave. Food looks superb and doing for such an occasion makes it all even better.

Scott

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

I think it must be in our DNA.  Growing up it was the kitchen were everyone gathered while the lady of the house supervised the meal prep everyone else sat around and joined in conversation.  Seems like every happy occasion was cantered around a meal.  My wife and I hosted Saturday dinners as our kids were growing up and we kept it up Whalen our grandchildren were small, now they all have Saturday activities or work and the Saturday dinners have fallen to once a month, as the family has grown it's become more and more work and we're not getting any younger.  I still feel that way and sitting back watching friends and family enjoying each other's company and especially the food gives me a great deal of satisfaction. The consensus on the food from family was "the best ribs ever", they said the same thing on the last batch? but they insisted that these were better than the last and the best ever. The difference in the two batches of ribs? This time I added more brown sugar to my rub.  from the guests, absolutely fantastic and when you doing this again? What's in your rub?   Party was loud and happy and people didn't want to leave.  Cleanup was done by 8:00 and quiet returned, to my wife's great appreciation.  I know I'm not alone in the feeling of satisfaction that is had by experiencing the smiles and laughter of people enjoying a good meal together.  The bonus to doing the cooking is that I get to sample everything during the process!  When I started to clean the empty rib pan it was full of the little bits that fell off the ribs, I couldn't resist scraping them all up with my fingers and shoveling them into my mouth. And then there's the leftovers!
Thanks for the opportunity to share.

swill88

A great event David!  Well done.

Thanks for sharing it.

Steve

ChileRelleno

Damn David...
(I stand and applaud)

That was a big feed to host and a huge job pulling it off.
Well done sir! Well done!
Everything looks great.

Congrats to the family.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Good work David.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Hold on somebody sent me a money shot.  I believe this is leftovers.