Stress Free fishing

Started by Newell Nut, June 22, 2019, 11:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Had a good weather day aboard the Stress Free yesterday and the fish were chewing. Got some really fat mangos with the biggest one weighing 14. Got a few red snappers and a one huge one caught on the 9/0 that I got from Sal. Super reel. Mangos are normally very line shy so it was huge surprise to catch the big mango on the big rod with a 8/0 3x circle hook on 100 lb leader and a live bait hanging about 30 ft down. Thought it was another big red. Could have loaded the box with a lot more but my buddy is insulin dependent and the heat was getting to him so we had to quit early. Still got a pile of meat in fridge.

Dwight

conchydong

Wow, total slobs. You are killing them with the new boat.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Rivverrat

I didnt know mango got that big. Deight is this your boat ?

Alto Mare

Doing great buddy! ... love that last pic, the 9/0 looks like a 2/0 next to that monster.
Keep posting, I'm really enjoying your adventures.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Whoa!!!  That's a beautiful biggie fishy!!!

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishy247

Nice Mangos!!! Sounds like some seriously good fishing. Looks like retirement is serving you well!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 22, 2019, 12:10:41 PM
I didnt know mango got that big. Deight is this your boat ?

Yes, my buddy and I bought it 50/50 a few months ago. Had it custom built at Dusky.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 22, 2019, 03:37:30 PM
I didnt know mango got that big. Dwight is this your boat ?

Yes, my buddy and I bought it 50/50 a few months ago. Had it custom built at Dusky.
Have you posted pics of it that I missed ?

If not I'd love to see some & hear every thing regarding power & how its laid out... Jeff

Newell Nut

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 22, 2019, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: Newell Nut on June 22, 2019, 03:37:30 PM
I didnt know mango got that big. Dwight is this your boat ?

Have you posted pics of it that I missed ?

If not I'd love to see some & hear every thing regarding power & how its laid out... Jeff

Posted pics some time back. Easiest thing to do is go to Dusky.com and in models choose 252 Tournament. That style is very open with a coffin fish box in front of the console. We got the live well under the leaning post so the back of the boat is open.  Powered with twin 115 etecs. Top end is 42 and we cruise around 32 when seas are good. Wide flare bow is very dry riding. Only time you get any spray is a hard side wind.

Dwight

Dominick

Good going Dwight.  That is really stress free fishing.  Great name BTW.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Dominick on June 22, 2019, 05:13:14 PM
Good going Dwight.  That is really stress free fishing.  Great name BTW.  Dominick

Trying to live that name as much as I can.

Benni3

Wow,,,, :D nice fish,,,,not a stress free day for the line,,, ;) great job man,,,,,,, ;D

nelz

No photo of the 14lb mangrove? That's a huge grover!

Newell Nut

Quote from: nelz on June 23, 2019, 12:57:59 PM
No photo of the 14lb mangrove? That's a huge grover!

The 14 lb mango is near the center of the table (4th from the bottom of the pic). Shows how big all of them were.