The Classic Collectibles of Tomorrow

Started by nelz, June 23, 2019, 04:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

My youngest son said he gets all my fishing stuff when I die.  I told him no, I'm going to have a really big coffin  because yes, I really can take it with me when I go!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

nelz

Quote from: MarkT on July 08, 2019, 08:12:11 PMMy youngest son said he gets all my fishing stuff when I die.  I told him no, I'm going to have a really big coffin  because yes, I really can take it with me when I go!

OMG, that is too funny!  ;D  You're gonna turn your kid into a grave robber man!

Swami805

If I was going to look for a reel now it would be black penn torques. Don't see many but with my luck they'd start making them again. The narrow 25 and 40
Rods would be colored seekers. The blue extreme series are getting good money already. Green pinhead rods and blanks would be something to buy and sit on now or any of the colored glass ones if you can find them
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Ay come on Sheridan, what did you say that for ?, Steve & Mike wont sleep now, till they make a glass reel, go easy on them man, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Penn Chronology

QuoteI believe that "Made in U.S.A" Penn reels that have not appeared in any of their catalogs or listings will always have a place in the collectibles of tomorrow and the future.
I don't believe Penn will ever go back to re-write catalogs from the 1940's & 1950's to include them .....

How many different models do you know of that fit into this category ?

I like this. Uncatalogued model names or numbers are almost always limited and become collectible. Models like the Delmar 286, the King Salmon Model 49 in the box or the Spinfisher Model 707 Z never made the catalog but definitely exist. There are probably others. Reels that are regular production but do not show up as that, always have an special interest.