Penn Torque 30LD2 Handle replacement

Started by jpmaro83, June 26, 2019, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpmaro83

I barely post on here. Mostly cruise the classifieds and look at other people's work. Just thought people would like to see a Smooth Drag Standard T-Handle replacement on a new model torque. Start out by drilling off the rivet handle; leftover pieces of that task pictured next to reel. Of note, to fit the new handle you will have to drill/file the aluminum handle out to ~1/4 inch. Used drill bits from 3/16 to 7/32 then 15/64 on the drill press. From 15/64, I used a round rasp to slowly make it slip in. Snugged it up very tight and voila. Soooo much better than the stock Penn handle imo.

alantani

yeah, i have to drill these out all the time!  good work!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Nice work.
Did you use loctite anywhere?
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jpmaro83

Thanks!

I did not loctite for now. I ran out last week on a car project. But I plan on putting loctite on both the barrel nut screw and the handle screw before my trip next week.

Osmo3

I did a couple of Shimanos yesterday.  Used loctite 242(blue) per the guidelines.  Can't wait to use!

RowdyW

I use a 6mm drill from ebay. No filing needed.

mrwilson99

I upgraded arm and handle for my Penn Fathoms 2-speed reels, but used Alan's knobs and they are much more solid.

David

handi2

I use the 15/64" drill. It makes for a tight fit. I have installed at least 75 of these TBars.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL