Unlimited shark/rail rod

Started by Lowprofile, June 27, 2019, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Mike Garrahan over on BD hooked me up with some Varmac reel seats (the biggest ferruled seats available but not made anymore, Cmon Aftco and Alps!) while I was at his place he showed me a glass unlimited rod he had and I was able to take it off his hands.

Built it to tackle monsters. Soaking only the largest baits for long periods of time.

Yes, it's missing the tip, nobody had a silver tip this size and I had a full black set to make all my marks before getting the silvers. The tip should be here in the mail Friday, was hoping today but it's not so  it'll be a few days before getting wet.

Went with purple and green, was thinking hulk but keeps screaming joker when i look at it. cord wrap to protect against the rails, custom extended aluminum butt to sit on (26" longest it can be per IGFA, but who's submitting records anymore?). It's a real broom stick and being paired with an everol 14/0 with 200lb line. I'm also looking at the new avet 130, Makaira 130 SAE OR everol 18/0 to pair with it, as long as i can get it color matched. If I don't get it bent on a fish I'll hook it to the truck to get a bendo pic.

As I get back into wrapping and my skills increase, hopefully my photography skills will too.

Crow

From the looks of the rod, the truck had better be a big one !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Rivverrat

Your wrap job on that rod is just fine.

It's nice to put something like that together with parts no longer available that dont normally wear out.
Adds a certain quality to the rod. Be sure to post pics of your first catch with it... Jeff

Lowprofile

Finally got the tip and decided to add a rubber cap and cord wrap to the butt . So she's done!

Rivverrat

This rod going to being sporting that Senator if you get it ? If so looks like it might make a very workable combo... Jeff

Lowprofile

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 29, 2019, 02:29:48 AM
This rod going to being sporting that Senator if you get it ? If so looks like it might make a very workable combo... Jeff

He sold it. I'm looking into the avet 130 unfinished to get a custom color or gunmetal Makaira SAE 130. Right now I have a blue everol 14/0.

Shark Hunter

Hell Yea! :P
That is one Awesome Rod!
Stick with the Everol. ;)
Life is Good!